Rit Deligation visit to Singapore Universities, 27 to 29 february 2012
MOU with Americas Top ranking Universities - Purdue University (Indianopolis), UMass Lowell (Boston) and Lawrence Technological University (Southfield, MI USA)
Rajarambapu Institute of Technology signs MOU with Americas Top ranking Universities - Purdue and UMass Lowell (Boston)
Mr. Bhagat Patil, Chairman Board of Governers, Dr. Mrs. Sushma Kulkarni Principal, Mr. Martand Telsang Prof. & Head, Mechanical Engineering Rajarambapu Institute of Technology, Rajaramnagar visited United States of America on a study tour organized by the Indo-US collaboration for Engineering education with the top ranking American Universities to offer the state of art technical education of the highest quality at the institute. It was a two weeks meticulously planned programme from 9 to 21st November 2008 where in 22 delegates representing 10 institutes in India have participated.
The universities visited are:
1. University of Massachusetts Lowel, Boston
2. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Boston
3. Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta
4. Purdne University, Indianopolis
5. University of southern California, Los Angeles
6. University of Washington, Seattle
A one day conference was held on 14th November 2008 at Washington DC participated by National Science Foundation, American Society for Engineering Education, World bank representatives and it was attended by about 13 different Universities of America to exchange ideas and look for opportunities to have tie up with Indian Institutions and Universities.
RIT has signed MOU with Purdue University, Indianopolis UMass Lowell, Boston Lawrence Technological University, Southfield, MI USA University of Hartford, West Hartford, Connecticut, USA
Highlights of MOU
1. Faculty (US) visit for a 1-3months to Indian Institutes to mentor , inspire the faculty
2. Indian faculty visit to US Universities to pursue research as part of PG program, Phd or one year professional course
3. Area of specialization to be specified before the faculty is deputed
4. Collaboration for enhancement of academic qualification of Faculty in printing technology
5. Tutored vedio instruction in VLSI and embedded system
6. One week course on research methodology, preparing research proposal
7. Cooperation in community development projects
8. Collaboration in Engineering Education and guidance for post doctoral programs
9. Student should have common platform to interact and share the opportunities in engineering from both the countries
10. Summer training or small research projects for students in US universities
11. Develop and offer one month model for Industry experts to conduct class for students
12. Faculty Development through knowledge upgradation in areas like Nano technology
13. US undergraduates going to India for three months (one academic term)
14. Pursue Joint research in areas of mutual interest
15. Once the faculty from US is in India we should all communicate with each other and plan for the same.
16. Involve industries (Multinationals) in India for collaboration and interaction with the Institutes those which have tie up with US universities.
17. Try for NRI students admission to UG programs in India (Those students who cannot afford technical education in US).
18. Sign MOU with universities in US along with Institutes
19. UG programs like 3 + 1, 2+2 should work for details of this pgm
20. Information regarding admission procedure and details to be provided to Indian students by conducting seminars by US universities
RIT's networking with world's leading universities is a step forward to become the leading private institute which will provide a world class technical education to prepare students for global career.